You can use this function to check whether there are invalid or overlapping entities in the current project.
With invalid entity:
Click Check Validity, and the following window appears.
Without invalid entity:
1. Click Check Validity, and the following window appears.
2. To locate the entity with error rapidly, double-click the corresponding entity.
3. Select corresponding buttons to process invalid entities.
1. Error Report: Export the info of invalid entities found to HTML files to make it easy to view.
2. Auto Process: Click Auto Process, and the following window appears.
1. In the left of the window, the range for auto process is displayed. It is classified into point, linear and area elements. The elements that can be processed now include column, door/window opening, wall, beam, slab, etc.
2. In the right of the window, the conditions and priorities for processing overlapping entities are displayed. Take a point element as an example: process based on materials first; if the materials are the same, process based on section areas; if the section areas are the same, process by height; if all those three attributes are the same, process based on imported ID. After the priorities are determined, the lower-ranked entities will be modified or deleted automatically.
You can modify the order of conditions. when the conditions are changed, the processing will be performed according to the new order.
3. Trim Selected Entity: Trim the overlapping section of the selected entity.
4. Trim Overlapping Entity: Trim the overlapping section of the entity overlapping with the selected entity.
5. Delete Selected Entity: Delete the selected entity.
6. Delete Overlapping Entity: Delete the entity overlapping with the selected entity.
7. Apply to Same-Name Entity: To perform the selected operation for all same-name overlapping entities, select the check box. To perform the selected operation for the current entity only, clear the check box.
8. Go to Next Overlapping Entity: To go to next overlapping entity automatically, select the check box. The effect equals to double-clicking the next entity. To select the next entity only in the list, clear the check box.