Changes always occur in actual projects. If you want to compare the quantities on different days, at different stages, from different people or parties, before and after variation orders, you can use the Save as Baseline function.
- In the BQ module, select Associate BQ > Quantity in the ribbon, and then click Save as Baseline.
- In the Save as Baseline box, enter the baseline name, for example, 20200202, and then click OK.
By default, the name is New Baseline.
- The current quantities in the Quantity column are all saved as quantities in the Baseline Qty
- Modify the quantities in the Quantity column, and the difference between the Baseline Qty and the Quantity will be shown in the Variation Qty
- Likewise, you can click Save as Baseline again to save the modified quantities in the Quantity column as a new baseline named 20200203.
- If you want to apply different sets of baseline quantities to BQ for comparison, click Select Baseline. In the Select Baseline box, select the baseline based on your actual needs, and then click OK.
- The Baseline Qty and Variation Qty will be shown as follows: