You can use this function to check whether there are invalid or overlapping entities in the current project.
Without invalid entity:
Click Model Check, and the following window appears.
With invalid entity:
- Click Model Check, and the following window appears.
- Three tabs, Whole Overlap, Partial Overlap and Others are provided in the Model Check window. The completely overlapping or completely contained entities are placed under the Whole Overlap tab; the partially overlaping entities are placed under the Partial Overlap tab; and the invalid entities except for overlap are placed under the Other tab.
- For items under Whole Overlap, you can use Auto Process to delete one of the overlapping entities; for items under Partial Overlap, you can use Auto process to batch process them at one time, and you can also use the trim functions deal with them.
- Click the error item to show the invalid entities.
- You can also use Shift/Ctrl to select multiple entities.
- Auto Process: Click Auto Process, and the entities will be processed based on the set priority below:
- In the left of the window, the range for auto process is displayed. It is classified into point, linear and area elements. The elements that can be processed include column, wall, beam, slab, pile, etc.
- In the right of the window, the conditions and priorities for processing overlapping entities are displayed. Take a point element as an example: process it based on materials first; if the materials are the same, process it based on section areas; if the section areas are the same, process it by height; if all those three attributes are the same, process it based on the imported ID. After the priorities are determined, the lower-ranked entities will be modified or deleted automatically.
You can modify the order of the conditions. When the conditions are changed, the processing will be performed according to the new order.
- Trim Selected Entity: Trim the overlapping section of the selected entity.
- Trim Overlapping Entity: Trim the overlapping section of the entity overlapping with the selected entity.
- Error Report: Export the info of invalid entities to HTML files to make it easy to view.