After the project is complete, you might want to view the quantities based on actual needs. View Quantity by Category allows you to customize the quantity display.
- On the Quantity tab, in the Quantity group, ClickView Quantity by Category.
- In the Set Range box, select the zones, floors and elements that you want to view, and then click OK.
- Click Set Classification and Quantity, adjust the classification conditions and select the quantities for different element types as needed, and then click OK.
- After returning to the View Quantity by Category box, you can select Show Quantities of Room and Assembly, Show subtotalor Only show quantities of one typical floor to adjust the overall display of quantities. If the existing classification conditions fail to meet your need, you can click the Edit button to adjust them in details.
- In the Classification Settings box, click Add Group to classify the attribute values further based on your own needs, and then click OK. If you want to show the attribute values along with the attribute names, select Show attribute column simultaneously.
- The quantities will be shown by the set conditions as follows:
If you want to check the source of a specific quantity, you can use Reversely-Check Model.
- Select a quantity cell you want to check, and then click Reversely-Check Model.
- In theReversely-Check Model box, click a cell under Element Name，and the corresponding entity is shown in the drawing area for easy checking.
- To go back to the View Quantity by Category box, click Return.
If you want to apply the classification conditions created in one project to another project, you can use Template.
- In the View Quantity by Category box, click Template > New Template.
- In the Edit New Template box, adjust the classification conditions and quantities as needed, and then click OK.
- In the View Quantity by Category box, a new sheet will appear at the bottom of the quantity display area, and on this sheet, the quantities are shown in the format you have just set. By default, the tab name is Template-1. You can right click, and then select Rename to change the name.
- At the top of the View Quantity by Category box, Click Template > Export Template. In the Export Template box, select the template you want to export, and then click OK.
- In the Save File box, specify the save location, enter the file name, and then click Save. A *.cqf file will be generated in the specified location.
- To reuse the template file, click Template > Import Template. In the Select File box, select the template file, and then click Open.
- You can use Export to Excel to select elements and corresponding classification conditions (default or customized) and export them to Excel files.
- You can use Set Element Range to set the range for viewing again.
- You can also access the Classification Settings box by clicking View Quantity by Category > Set Classification and Quantity, and then in the Classification Condition area, click the Edit button.