Changes always occur in models at the construction stage. It is inefficient to import models and calculate quantities again every time the change occurs. With RVT Changes, you can compare the models before and after changes, and then modify the changed portion of the model only.
1. Select the RVT file to import.
2. Click RVT Changes, and then select the changed RVT file to import.
3. Click Compare，If there are new elements, the following window will appear, indicating that these are new element types;
4. Click Next, and then the added items, deleted items and modified items will be displayed, and different colors are used to distinguish them. The green color indicate that it's a newly added entity; the yellow color indicates that the entity is modified; and the red color indicates that the original entity is deleted.
5. Double-click an item to locate the entity in the drawing area, and click Accept changes to enable the changes to be loaded into the current model. You can also use Shift/Ctrl to select multiple items to accept changes.
6. Clicking Close directly in the winodw means that you will not accept the changed results and still keep the previous model.
7. To view the change report, you can click View Change Report , an Excel file will appear to show the difference between the two RVT files, including four worksheets: Added in RVT, Deleted in RVT, Modified in RVT, and Comparison Result Path.
In Added in RVT, the information is imported automatically.
In Deleted in RVT and Modified in RVT, the entities are shown by ID.
- If changes happened in the original RVT File, you can use RVT Changes to display the difference.
- If you just change the element type or material in the process of importing RVT file, the difference will not be displayed when you use RVT Changes.
- If you change the RVT element in TAS C after it is imported, you can use RVT Changes to display the difference.
- If you don’t change the RVT elements in TAS C and just change the TAS C elements, the difference will not be displayed when you use RVT Changes.