Enhance the quality of imported RVT models
- Reduce the number of read-only objects, including walls, beams, stairs
Optimize the importing of Ramp entities from Revit
Optimize the importing of Mass entities from Revit
Optimize the importing of Curtain Wall entities from Revit
Optimize the Material Match
Optimize the Model Check function
- Divide entities into whole overlap and partial overlap according to overlap type
- Greatly improve the efficiency of processing overlapping entities
Optimize the RVT Changes function
- Clearly display added entities, deleted entities and modified entities on the model
- Enable you to quickly accept changes of entities
Auto match with existing element names when identifying walls
- When click-identifying walls, you can select the existing elements from the drop-down list.
- When auto-identifying or drag-identifying walls, match the material and thickness info pricked from the drawing with the attributes of existing elements.
Enhance the process of identifying door/window opening
- Clearer process of identifying door/window opening
- Replaces “Pick Concrete/Masonry Wall Sideline” by “Identify Door and Window Schedule” in the process of identifying door/window opening.
- Adds “Lock drawings” In Drawing Manager, preventing drawings from mistakenly editing.
View User Guide: Lock
Merges dashed CAD lines when picking beam sidelines by layer
- Dashed CAD lines can now be identified as solid lines to generate beams.
Enhances Pile Cap identification
- Dashed CAD lines can now be identified as solid lines to generate pile caps.
Enhances the Identification of element names in finish schedules
Support importing CAD drawings created in 2019 AutoCAD version
Adds “FB” as the label of floor beams when identifying beams
Adds “Hide/Restore Selected CAD Entity”, allowing quickly switch the display of the CAD lines
View User Guide: Show/Hide Selected CAD Entity
Auto check gaps when point-drawing rooms and slabs
- When point-drawing rooms or slabs, if the area to draw is not enclosed, the check result will appear automatically.
- Supports the auto-enclosing of gaps.
Replaces virtual wall with separation line
- Separation lines can be draw flexibly, improving modeling efficiency.
- Removes the Virtual Wall element.
- On the DRAW tab, in the Common Operations group, add Separation Line and Hide Separation Line.
View User Guide: Separation Line
Enables distinguishing wall finish quantities by wall type
- Under Wall Finish, add two attributes: Parent Entity Attribute and Parent Entity Attribute Value that you can select Name, Type or Remarks from the drop-down list, allowing the corresponding value to be used in View Quantity by Category for classification.
Enhances the display of floor finishes in typical floors
- When point-drawing floor finishes on the floor above typical floors, the floor finishes will be laid out on the slab of the highest typical floor.
Enhances the principle for Room finding Slab
- Enhances the accuracy when generating finishes with Room elements.
- Adds the Top Elevation attribute for Room. You can adjust the room top elevation as needed.
Finishes to be not extending into main structure
- Finishes would not extend into main structure, making it easy to check and verify quantities with the model display.
Shows only the room frame under 3D view
Enhance the boundary for generating rooms
Enables separation line to be copied by floor
Modifies the method for calculating bottom plane of strutting high for Beam/Slab/Ceiling finish
- When calculating strutting high for Beam/Slab/Ceiling finish, only find the slab in the current floor and lower floor; if no slab exists in this range, select the bottom elevation of the current floor or the lower floor.
Adds a method for calculating strutting high formwork of Wall
- Adds an option for [Method for calculating strutting high] of Wall: [2 Calculate strutting high in stages: classify by strutting high height.
- The added Calculation method: Separate by the [Starting height to calculate strutting high] in Measurement Settings. If less than or equal to the set value, generate the Area of Formwork (<= set value); if greater than the set value, generate the Area of Formwork (> set value).
Enhance the principle of calculating intersections between structural walls and beams
- Adds an option for the deduction of beam from volume of wall: [If it is non-structural wall, deduct beam occupied volume; otherwise, not deduct]. Adds similar rules for the formwork area and the strutting high formwork area.
- Adds an option for the deduction of wall from volume of beam: [If it is non-structural wall, not deduct wall from beam; otherwise, deduct wall occupied volume]. Adds similar rules for the formwork area and the strutting high formwork area.
Modifies the method of calculating side formwork in Indonesian measurement settings
- In Indonesian measurement settings, change the calculation method for side formwork area of each element to: Not calculate in stages: calculate by area.
Modifies the method for calculating end formwork of beam in Hong Kong measurement settings
- In beam measurement settings, add [Method for calculating end formwork of cantilever], you can select to calculate by number or by area.
- Calculate the corresponding quantity based on your selection when calculating the end formwork.
Adds a new measurement rule: [Australian and New Zealand Standard Method of Measurement of Building Works]
Export/Import Model File
- On the BIM MODEL tab, adds “Import Model and Export Model”. Allows TAS models to export by floor or by entity and save them as *.cubic files; Allows the exported *.cubic files to be imported to another TAS project or a TRB project.
- In Start > Options > File > File Security, adds [Save model files when projects are saved]. Once selected, you can merge TAS projects directly, or import TAS project into TRB directly.
Import/Export Custom Staircase
- Support the import and export of custom staircases.
Import irregular/parametric wall into TRB
- Irregular/parametric walls can be imported into TRB, and in exchange between TAS and TRB.
Link Quantity with Rate
Auto show TBQ marks
- When linking with TBQ, for the items that have been marked in TBQ, the mark status is kept unchanged.
Link units in TBQ project
- In TAS, change the unit of rebar weight of all elements from t to kg.
- Adds a prompt to appear to remind you of the inconsistence when the unit of a quantity is different from that of a bill item
- Changes will be synced to the already uploaded quantities if modifications are made on the units in TAS after preforming summary calculation again.
Supports quantities multiplied with factors when associating them
- Input factors
In Details, adds “Factor” that allows quantities to be multiplied by the factor and summed up.
By default, the factor is 1. If you want to deduct the quantities, you can change the factor from 1 to -1.
- Cell reference
References among cells can be made.
In the Quantity column, enter the equal sign (=), and an input box will appear
In the input box that will show by entering the equal sign in the quantity column, reference or arithmetic calculations can be generated.
Allow same-time login on one computer
- A same account is allowed to open TBQ and log in the Link TBQ in TAS at the same time on the same computer.
Login address when linking TBQ
- The same-name computer server would be quickly found and directed when linking TBQ and the network is changed.
Save as Baseline
- In BQ, adds “Save as Baseline” and “Select Baseline”, enabling the existing quantity to be saved as the baseline quantity.
- With the baseline quantity and variation quantity shown in the BQ, it is convenient to compare the quantities.
View User Guide: Save as Baseline
Adds "Column Display" when linking TBQ
- Enables the columns of baseline qty, variation qty, remarks, custom columns to be turned on/off of users' preference, making it more user-friendly when linking qty to BQ items.
Set floor range in View Quantity by Category when linking TBQ
- Adds Set Floor Range in the View Quantity by Category linking with TBQ.
- Gives Pages independent permissions. Each page can be checked in/out, which helps with collaboration.
Auto check in/out elements when checking in/out bills
Auto check in when closing projects
When linking TBQ, adds prompt messages while calculation completes without intact permissions from bills and elements.
Delete same-location entities
- Adds “Delete Same-Location Entity”, allowing quick delete of the same-location entities of all selected floors at the same time.
View User Guide: Delete same-location entities
- Adds keyboard shortcut for the following commands:
1) Repeat last step
2) Mirror up/down and left/right
3) Drawing commands (Point, Line, Arc, Rectangle)
4) Secondary editing (Delete, Copy, Align, Extend, Trim, Move, Split)
5) Identify (Show/Hide Selected CAD Entity, Restore Hidden CAD Entity)
6) View (All Floors, Current Floor, Adjacent Floors, Custom Floors)
7) Quick select
8) Change the shortcut key for PPVC to double letters
- You can view the keyboard shortcuts in the enhanced tooltip.
View User Guide: Keyboard Shortcut
Save high quality pictures
- On the BIM MODEL tab, adds “Save as Picture”, supporting saving models as pictures in high, medium or low quality.
- The “Extend” command can be now performed continuously. In the process of extending, different target lines can be selected for multiple times.
Support auto deduction when stretching or offsetting area entities
- For area entities (Slab, Floor finish, Waterproof, Suspended ceiling, Custom area, etc.), the part overlapping with other entities will be now automatically deleted when stretching or offsetting them.
Efficiency & Performance
Improve the overall efficiency
- The efficiency of importing drawings is improved by 38%.
- The efficiency of importing RVT/IFC is improved by 26%.
- The efficiency of using summary calculation is improved by 14%.
- The efficiency of using View Quantity by Category is improved by 10%.
- The efficiency of point-drawing rooms is improved by 22%.
- The overall efficiency of the prefabrication module is improved by 21%.
- The efficiency of using Calculate Selected Entity is improved by 60%.
- The overall efficiency of switching floors/elements is improved by 20%.
- The overall efficiency of creating, opening, saving and upgrading projects is improved by 24%.
- The efficiency of copying entities by floor is improved by 43%.
- The efficiency of merging projects is improved by 29%.
- The overall efficiency of modeling is improved by 14%.
- Enhances the user interface of the “Model Check” window, making it convenient to check and modify models.
View User Guide: Model Check
Select and edit entities in multiple floors
- Under multi-floor view, allows selecting and editing the entities of all floors shown in the drawing area (view & modify attributes, delete entities, copy, move, set common attributes).
- Shows elements using images instead of texts. The texts will appear when hovering the pointer over the images.
- Under the current element, the icons of the elements that are shown by default are blue, and the remaining which are not shown by default are black.
Improve authorization and login
- Removes the three authorization types in installation. You can set them in the login view, and switch among the three modes freely.